* Re: [9fans] pic2ps
@ 2001-11-30  4:33 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2001-11-30  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Oops!

>cat /dev/wsys/7/window | pic2ps -c CMYK -w 12.5 -h 20 -x 1.0 -y 1.5 | lp -dOki

For Oki we'd better to have -c GRAY instead of -c CMYK.  Sorry.

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] pic2ps
@ 2001-12-03  1:23 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2001-12-03  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I updated pic2ps, and placed it at out web page (http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp)
(Section 48).

The previous version had problems in landscape mode, and CMYK colorspace.
I also added README file.

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1757 bytes --]

From: okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] pic2ps
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:33:39 +0900

@ 2001-11-30 10:12 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2001-11-30 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>i haven't got a proper budget to hire a person ... :-(

 I worked for Yoshitatsu's master thesis. :-)

Yoshitatsu will open his graphic program soon, I believe.  It's a more
comprehensive program to edit various images with an acme like user
interface. ^_^  This makes a part of it.

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] pic2ps
@ 2001-11-30 10:09 ` pac
From: pac @ 2001-11-30 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Nice! And when we talk about PostScript, I would appreciate if somebody who
can do so, would write a zoom function for p9's postscript viewer. However,
i haven't got a proper budget to hire a person ... :-(

--peter
<cej@cejchan.gli.cas.cz>

* [9fans] pic2ps
@ 2001-11-30  4:27 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2001-11-30  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I put a small program to convert uncompressed Plan 9 image(6) to Level 2 Postscript on our
usual web site (http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/p9index.html).

It converts uncompressed color mapped 8 bit, 24/32 bit full color image(6) to one of DeviceRGB,
DeviceCMYK, DeviceGray of Level 2 Postscript colorspaces.  It reads Plan 9 image from stdin, and
writes to stdout, the latter can be overwritten by a named file supplying -f flag.   Other options
are those of -c <colorspace>, -w <width(cm)>, -h <height(cm)>, -x <x-offset(cm)>, -y <y-offset(cm)>,
and -s <papersize>.   Only the A4 papersize is now supported.  The option -l indicates landscape mode.

A typical usage of this program is:

cat /dev/wsys/7/window | pic2ps -c CMYK -w 12.5 -h 20 -x 1.0 -y 1.5 | lp -dOki

Of course, you can use ghostscript, too.

Kenji