* [9fans] dumb udp broadcast question
@ 2001-12-05 17:14 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2001-12-05 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

	I must be in idiot mode today, but don't manage to
get an udp broadcast sent. AFAIK, the `server' has just to
announce the udp address, print "headers" to the ctl file,
and read data. And my dumb test program seems to do so.

Should the client just dial net!ipbroadcastaddress!port and write
the data?

thanks

* Re: [9fans] dumb udp broadcast question
@ 2001-12-05 17:18 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2001-12-05 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If you're in headers mode, you need to fill in the header with
a broadcast address and then write the data out.
Look at /sys/src/cmd/ip/dhcpclient.c