* [9fans] plan9 fileserver help
@ 2001-12-12 17:16 William Gunnells
From: William Gunnells @ 2001-12-12 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello!

Pleae help I'm trying to setup the file server via the
instruction from WIKI and its not working.

I left off in the instructions here...
assuming you use the same setup I did earlier, type
the following at the standalone CPU/auth server
console:

        srv il!lance
        mount -c /srv/il!lance /n/lance
        cd /dist
        wrap/inst -ovr /n/lance plan9.9gz
        (use wrap/inst for any other packages, e.g.,

I get error connect time out error

I believe I followed all the instructions from wiki
that leads up to file server creation

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com

* Re: [9fans] plan9 fileserver help
@ 2001-12-12 23:09 ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2001-12-12 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In article <20011212171643.80661.qmail@web9602.mail.yahoo.com> you write:
>Pleae help I'm trying to setup the file server via the
>instruction from WIKI and its not working.
>
>I left off in the instructions here...
>assuming you use the same setup I did earlier, type
>the following at the standalone CPU/auth server
>console:
>
>        srv il!lance
>        mount -c /srv/il!lance /n/lance
>        cd /dist
>        wrap/inst -ovr /n/lance plan9.9gz
>        (use wrap/inst for any other packages, e.g.,
>
>I get error connect time out error
>
>I believe I followed all the instructions from wiki
>that leads up to file server creation

Is your fileserver actually called lance?  Is its name, etc
in /lib/ndb/local?  Is the fileserver up and running?  Can
you ping it?

	- Dan C.