* Re: [9fans] Firewalling
@ 2002-01-30 14:22 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2002-01-30 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

with several interfaces on the machine you can assign them to
distinct IP stacks.  the services on an outside stack can be distinct
from those on the inside stack.  i do this at home and at work
to control access to services.   one of the interfaces can be
bind to the `pkt' interface, which allows a process to act as
source and sink of IP packets for that interface.
such a process can have pkt interfaces set on separate
IP stacks and can therefore do arbitrary filtering between
them (but you need to write that code).
see man 3 ip  for a start.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1788 bytes --]

To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Firewalling
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:13:00 GMT

Hey, I got Plan 9 installed and am playing around with it.  I have one
question though, is there any firewalling/packet filtering software
for Plan 9?  Thanks in advance.

* Re: [9fans] Firewalling
@ 2002-01-28 12:07 ` david presotto
From: david presotto @ 2002-01-28 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

not really.  ipmux will let you sepcify an IP filter but its primitive.
> Hey, I got Plan 9 installed and am playing around with it.  I have one
> question though, is there any firewalling/packet filtering software
> for Plan 9?  Thanks in advance.

* [9fans] Firewalling
@ 2002-01-28 11:13 James Patterson
From: James Patterson @ 2002-01-28 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)