* [9fans] XaoS for plan9 3rd Ed.
@ 2002-02-01 21:06 dpx
From: dpx @ 2002-02-01 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Andrey's foo.c program inspired me it take another
look at a little project I shelved a few months back.
That is porting XaoS "the realtime fractal zoomer" to
the 3rd Ed. of Plan9. (There was a port of a older
version to 8 1/2 so porting to rio was not that hard)

There are a few things that don't quite work yet, but
for anyone that is interested, the patches are
available from http:/www.acl.lanl.gov/plan9/xaos/index.html

-dp

* Re: [9fans] XaoS for plan9 3rd Ed.
@ 2002-02-04  6:18 ` cej
From: cej @ 2002-02-04  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Yup! xaos is definitely wonderful. however, could somebody add zooming also to
postscript and jpeg viewers? would be grateful for one. well, and what about
supporting jpeg2000 (http://www.jpeg.org): wavelet compressed images order of
magnitude better than plain 'old' jpegs... must see. i use it over a year for
storage of all my pics.

cheers,
++pac
--