* [9fans] VoiceNav
@ 2002-02-10 21:51 Matt H
From: Matt H @ 2002-02-10 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

http://www.lucent.com/press/1101/011105.bla.html

I love pc voice control and I'm deeply disappointed it's not here yet

the GUI gets in the way though it's struck me that the CLI world is much more suited to it than the Wimps

plan9's "hybrid" scheme (sorry do we have a better name, I've been told it's neither GUI nor CLI, what's the 'official' name, bitmapped terminal is a bit of a mouthful) strikes me as a good candidate.

tried to entice your buddies in the labs to do a plan9 version?

oh btw. if Tom Duff still reads the list, Monsters Inc. was brilliant, I made my lad wait through the credits to see if you were there, and bingo I won. Mind you I nearly missed it laughing at the end credit skits! Was/is plan9 used at all for the film, I'd love to be able to drop that into my slashdot posts!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-02-10 21:51 UTC | newest]