* Re: [9fans] query the fs about its config
@ 2002-02-25 14:28 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-02-25 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

: Depends on what you mean by its config

The config info compiled from the fsconfig commands you gave while
configuring your Plan 9 file server (the separate fs kernel, I mean).

* Re: [9fans] query the fs about its config
@ 2002-02-25 14:55 presotto
From: presotto @ 2002-02-25 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I clearly didn't read the original message.  Looks like
someone already added it to ours version of the file
server, probably jmk.  It's called printconf.

Here's the relevant routines.  You can snarf and paste
to the current code.  Hopefully we'll get the full
version out there soon:

from config.c:

void
cmd_printconf(int, char *[])
{
	char *p, *s;
	Iobuf *iob;

	iob = getbuf(confdev, 0, Bread);
	if(iob == nil)
		return;
	if(checktag(iob, Tconfig, 0)){
		putbuf(iob);
		return;
	}

	print("config %s\n", nvrgetconfig());
	s = p = iob->iobuf;
	while(*p != 0 && p < iob->iobuf+BUFSIZE){
		if(*p++ != '\n')
			continue;
		print("%.*s", (int)(p-s), s);
		s = p;
	}
	if(p != s)
		print("%.*s", (int)(p-s), s);
	print("end\n");

	putbuf(iob);
}

 From auth.c

char*
nvrgetconfig(void)
{
	return nvr.config;
}

 From con.c's command table

	cmd_install("printconf", "-- print configuration", cmd_printconf);

[-- Attachment #2: message.txt --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3239 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 97 bytes --]

Depends on what you mean by its config

cat '#P'/ioalloc
cat '#P'/irqalloc
cat '#c'/drivers

[-- Attachment #2.1.2: message.txt --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1519 bytes --]

From: Fco.J.Ballesteros <nemo@plan9.escet.urjc.es>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] query the fs about its config
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:56:37 +0100

Shouldn't the fs kernel have a `showconfig' or something
like that to print its config?

I may try to change the source of my ide fs kernel to let it
do that; but that depends on how much spare time I can get for
this.

* Re: [9fans] query the fs about its config
@ 2002-02-25 14:25 presotto

From: Fco.J.Ballesteros <nemo@plan9.escet.urjc.es>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:56:37 +0100