* Re: [9fans] New Release(Highlighting in Acme )
@ 2002-04-12  0:55 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2002-04-12  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Perdon me to respond off-line topic.

>When the new distribution happens, very soon I hope, this and many other
>bugs will be fixed, along with the addition of lots of new ones.

I'm now considering to purchase a new machine for that new file server.
What will be the standard (or recommended) type of hard disk drive,
IDE or SCSI?   If it's IDE what type of, ATA100 ?

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] New Release (Highlighting in Acme )
@ 2002-04-12 16:10 jmk
From: jmk @ 2002-04-12 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri Apr 12 01:15:19 EDT 2002, lucio@proxima.alt.za wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 09:12:34PM -0400, jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:
> >
> > The new release will not include any significant changes to the fileserver
> > code other than support for 9P2000.
> >
> If I read this correctly, it means that the new fileserver will accept
> existing disks unaltered.  I think that's extremely handy as a
> transition.
>
> > This is entirely my fault, so don't beat up any of the others over it.
> > When it does eventually happen, it will hopefully not matter what the
> > disc type is.
> >
> Is there a list of features of the future fileserver that we can drool
> over?
>
> ++L

Yes, existing discs should work as is.

One man's drool is another man's vomit.
There is no list of features available.

* Re: [9fans] New Release(Highlighting in Acme )
@ 2002-04-12  5:14 ` Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2002-04-12  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-04-12  1:12 jmk
From: jmk @ 2002-04-12  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu Apr 11 20:55:16 EDT 2002, okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp wrote:
> Perdon me to respond off-line topic.
>
> >When the new distribution happens, very soon I hope, this and many other
> >bugs will be fixed, along with the addition of lots of new ones.
>
> I'm now considering to purchase a new machine for that new file server.
> What will be the standard (or recommended) type of hard disk drive,
> IDE or SCSI?   If it's IDE what type of, ATA100 ?
>
> Kenji

The new release will not include any significant changes to the fileserver
code other than support for 9P2000.

This is entirely my fault, so don't beat up any of the others over it.
When it does eventually happen, it will hopefully not matter what the
disc type is.

--jim