* Re: [9fans] The Swedish tax authorities want to know if Plan 9 is research.
@ 2002-04-12 12:36 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-04-12 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm teaching OS courses, and doing OS research and for both
things I use Plan 9.
This is Rey Juan Carlos University of Madrid.
If need any other info, let me know

* Re: [9fans] The Swedish tax authorities want to know if Plan 9 is  research.
@ 2002-04-16  9:16     ` Don
From: Don @ 2002-04-16  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

boyd@strakt.com (Boyd Roberts) wrote in message news:<3CB6C50D.70533B61@strakt.com>...
> Don wrote:
> > http://www.7f.no-ip.info/
>
> Cool Glenda with chainsaw ready to chop up Tux JPEG.
Yea, I find it pretty amusing :)
Someone at www.acl.lanl.gov made it
Don
http://www.7f.no-ip.biz/

* Re: [9fans] The Swedish tax authorities want to know if Plan 9 is research.
@ 2002-04-16  9:15     ` Don
From: Don @ 2002-04-16  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

lac@cd.chalmers.se (Laura Creighton) wrote in message news:<200204121207.OAA02171@boris.cd.chalmers.se>...
> >me:
> > I want to tell them yes.  It would help if I had a list of those of
> > you who are Research Institutions or Universities using Plan 9 for
> > teaching or research purposes.
>
> Don:
> >*cough* paranoia rising *cough*
> >http://www.7f.no-ip.info/
>
> Thank you for your reply.  Don't get too paranoid -- it just affects
> whether or not something is taxed at one rate or another.  If it weren't
> for teh occasional challenge, every Swede would open a sourceforge project
> and then say 'Give me the Tax Break!  All I do is Research!'

Lol, I was just making a bad security joke ;)
But this did increase traffic to my website greatly!!!
Heh heh
Don
http://www.7f.no-ip.info/

* Re: [9fans] The Swedish tax authorities want to know if Plan 9 is research.
@ 2002-04-12 16:43 ` Paul C Lustgarten
From: Paul C Lustgarten @ 2002-04-12 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hey, Laura!

I have no printed citations of this, but I'm using Plan 9 (& Inferno)
as the application platform for my research into "referential richness"
of spoken dialog systems.  My official title these days is "Research
Scientist" in the "Multimedia Technologies Research Department" of
Avaya.

Hope that helps!

	Paul

@ 2002-04-12 12:38 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-04-12 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Sorry, my previous reply was intended to a private mail.

* Re: [9fans] The Swedish tax authorities want to know if Plan 9 is research.
@ 2002-04-12 12:07   ` Laura Creighton
From: Laura Creighton @ 2002-04-12 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>me:
> I want to tell them yes.  It would help if I had a list of those of
> you who are Research Institutions or Universities using Plan 9 for
> teaching or research purposes.

Don:
>*cough* paranoia rising *cough*
>http://www.7f.no-ip.info/

Thank you for your reply.  Don't get too paranoid -- it just affects
whether or not something is taxed at one rate or another.  If it weren't
for teh occasional challenge, every Swede would open a sourceforge project
and then say 'Give me the Tax Break!  All I do is Research!'

Thanks again,
Laura Creighton
~

* Re: [9fans] The Swedish tax authorities want to know if Plan 9 is research.
@ 2002-04-12 11:29   ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2002-04-12 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-04-12  8:45 ` Don