* Re: [9fans] Fourth Release of Plan 9 Now Available
@ 2002-04-29 11:59 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2002-04-29 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

you need the small repair i posted earlier
for /sys/src/cmd/aux/vga/3dfx.c (it was
wrong before but not noticed).

term% yesterday -d 3dfx.c
diff /n/dump/2002/04291/sys/src/cmd/aux/vga/3dfx.c 3dfx.c
30c30
< 	ulong	r[Nior/4];
---
> 	ulong	r[Nior];

much good it does you before installation, but once it appears
in the downloadable floppy image, you can proceed.
i can generate one myself if you're in a great hurry, but otherwise
i thought the fewer variants in flight at this stage, the less
confusing it would be.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2290 bytes --]

To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Fourth Release of Plan 9 Now Available
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:37:20 GMT

I've been trying to install it and here's what I got so far:
<snip>
kfs...version...time

init: starting /bin/rc
dossrv: serving #s/dos
assert failed: (*t)->magic==FREE_MAGIC
vga 52: suicide: sys: trap: fault read addr=0x0 pc=0x000260e6
assert failed: (*t)->magic==FREE_MAGIC
vga 55: suicide: sys: trap: fault read addr=0x0 pc=0x000260e6
 rio: can't open display: initdisplay: /dev/draw/new: no frame buffer
init: rc exit status: rc 10: rio 67: display open

and then it shows prompt.
R3 installation was able to init display on this voodoo 3 3000 card with no
problem.
What's the problem now?

--
DISCLAIMER: <DEFAULT DISCLAIMER>

* Re: [9fans] Fourth Release of Plan 9 Now Available
@ 2002-04-27 18:28 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-04-27 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Does that really mean that mice plugged into serial ports don't work?

Unfortunately, yes.  The uart code got rewritten
and serial mouse support never made it back in.
We didn't notice until two days ago.  (I guess
we don't use that many serial mice.)

If you have a PS/2 system to install on, the serial
mouse support should be trivial to add back.
It's commented out at the moment.  It was just too
big a change to put in untested at the last minute.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Fourth Release of Plan 9 Now Available
@ 2002-04-27 16:44 andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2002-04-27 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i suggest we wait a day with submitting the news to slashdot, so
people here on the list can download the new release before everyone
else jumps on

:)

[parent not found: <rob@plan9.bell-labs.com>]