* Re: [9fans] newbie questions/ mga matrox G400
@ 2002-05-03 15:04 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-05-03 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Perfect. So when will this happen ?
> Or, let say, or can i fix this problem on my installation disk ?

The new install floppy posted last night should fix this.
Unless I messed up again.  ;-)

Russ

* Re: [9fans] newbie questions/ mga matrox G400
@ 2002-05-07 11:32 ` Axel Gruner
From: Axel Gruner @ 2002-05-07 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri, 3 May 2002 15:10:28 GMT
rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com (Russ Cox) wrote something special:

> > Perfect. So when will this happen ?
> > Or, let say, or can i fix this problem on my installation disk ?
>
> The new install floppy posted last night should fix this.
> Unless I messed up again.  ;-)

:-)
No it is working. Perfect. Thanks.
But on more question.
Installation worked fine, but
after the installation, booting with the bootdisk, i got these error
messages:

init: starting /bin/rc
aux/vga: mga4xx: cant set mga type
dossrv: serving #s/dos
Cant cd /usr/root: '/usr/root' does not exist
lib/profile: rc: .:cant open: 'bin/lib' directory entry not found
init: rc exit status: rc 12: cant open

So, my Matrox G400 is not supported with my installation i did ?
The Version of Plan9 i use was dowloaded one week ago.
But i cant donwload a newer version, because of my slow connection.
So, how can i run rio, with my Matrox ?
Thanks.

asg

* Re: [9fans] newbie questions/ mga matrox G400
@ 2002-05-07 14:34 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-05-07 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> So, my Matrox G400 is not supported with my installation i did ?
> The Version of Plan9 i use was dowloaded one week ago.
> But i cant donwload a newer version, because of my slow connection.
> So, how can i run rio, with my Matrox ?

I'm sorry, but the easiest thing to do is download the new version.
If you are feeling particularly adventurous you could build
yourself a new kernel instead:

	cd /sys/src/9/pc
	ed pcdisk
	/vgavmware
		vgamga4xx	+cur
	.
	mk 'CONF=pcdisk'
	9fat:
	cp 9pcdisk /n/9fat/9pcdisk
	disk/kfscmd halt
	<reboot>

Also you want to log in as "glenda" not "root".  Glenda has a home
directory already set up to give you a small tour of Plan 9.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] newbie questions/ mga matrox G400
@ 2002-05-03  8:44 ` Axel Gruner
From: Axel Gruner @ 2002-05-03  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu, 2 May 2002 17:21:23 GMT

@ 2002-05-02 17:15 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-05-02 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-05-02 16:59 ` Axel Gruner
From: Axel Gruner @ 2002-05-02 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu, 2 May 2002 15:23:26 GMT

@ 2002-05-02 15:17 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-05-02 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-05-02 15:09 Axel Gruner
From: Axel Gruner @ 2002-05-02 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi.

So, i just downloaded the new version of plan9 and the bootdisk.