* Re: [9fans] secstore
@ 2002-05-15 15:36 anothy
From: anothy @ 2002-05-15 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

// We did have to wire DTR high on the consoles to some machines
// like the Sparcs, because if our console server rebooted and DTR
// went down and up (or is it up and down), the Suns also rebooted.

i'm curious: did you buy somethign to do this, or did you make the
needed adaptors yourself? i'm using consolefs (under 3rd edition,
with an Avenstar) right now, to manage a few SPARCs and several
PCs, and i've had that problem, as well. i've addressed this in similar
situations in the past with a sharp knife and soldering iron, but i
was wondering if there might be a more reliable (and less prone to
slicing into my hand) solution.
ア

* [9fans] [OT] accidental Sun serial port halt
@ 2002-05-15 23:15 ` Jonathan Sergent
From: Jonathan Sergent @ 2002-05-15 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 11:36:50AM -0400, anothy@cosym.net wrote:
> // We did have to wire DTR high on the consoles to some machines
> // like the Sparcs, because if our console server rebooted and DTR
> // went down and up (or is it up and down), the Suns also rebooted.
>
> i'm curious: did you buy somethign to do this, or did you make the
> needed adaptors yourself? i'm using consolefs (under 3rd edition,
> with an Avenstar) right now, to manage a few SPARCs and several
> PCs, and i've had that problem, as well. i've addressed this in similar
> situations in the past with a sharp knife and soldering iron, but i
> was wondering if there might be a more reliable (and less prone to
> slicing into my hand) solution.

No sharp knives needed if you are using Solaris:

http://sunsolve.Sun.COM/pub-cgi/retrieve.pl?doc=fsrdb%2F20427

See also the kbd(1) man page.  Hope this helps.