* [9fans] reading a 2nd ed. CD under Linux or current plan 9?
@ 2002-06-04 15:52 Aharon Robbins
From: Aharon Robbins @ 2002-06-04 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Greetings all.

Last week we finally moved into our new house, and my 2nd edition Plan 9
manuals and CD came out of the boxes they've been in for almost 5 years.

Is there an easy way to read that CD?  I'd like to be able to copy the
file system heirarchy from the CD to a disk where it can be looked at
at leisure.  Preferably under Linux, but since Plan 9 can run under vmware,
Plan 9 software would do too.

Much thanks!

Arnold Robbins

P.S. Please cc me on replies to the list, as I'm W A Y behind on reading
in comp.os.plan9.  Thanks!

* Re: [9fans] reading a 2nd ed. CD under Linux or current plan 9?
@ 2002-06-04 15:56 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-06-04 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: arnold, 9fans

The CD format hasn't changed.  You can read the CD under
Linux if you do the _conform.map translations yourself.
(There are various scripts in the archives, I think.)
Or you can read it under Plan 9 just like any other Cd.

Russ