* [9fans] 3ed fileserver failure
@ 2002-06-11 14:08 Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2002-06-11 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I suspect I abused the fileserver capacity and the dump sealed its
fate.  I now get error messages on startup such as, from memory,
INVALID WORM BOOT BLOCK.

The fileserver does start up, but it then refuses to serve anything,
it just holds up any attempts to connect.

The configuration is the one off the fsconfig(8) man page, for what
it's worth (at least I'm unlikely to forget it).

The question: am I likely to be able to recover from this?  I have
a lot of repeatable effort on that disk and I'd hate to lose it,
but it's nothing earth shattering.

And an incidental question: in fsconfig(8) mention is made of the
ipauth command.  It is not clear whether this ought to have a value
other than 0.0.0.0 in it, what exactly does the FS code do with
ipauth?  I know I could dig it out the sources, but someone here
may already know the answer.

++L

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-06-11 14:08 UTC | newest]