* [9fans] a few q's
@ 2002-06-21  9:30 Peter A. Cejchan
From: Peter A. Cejchan @ 2002-06-21  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,
here's me again with several more questions:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
tar doesn't like long filenames

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

#define NAMSIZ	200

#stderr:
directory checksum error
tar 5818: checksum error

#define NAMSIZ	99
/* is OK , while */
#define NAMSIZ	101
#stderr:
directory checksum error
tar 5818: checksum error

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
acme & paths:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
# tar -c from the tagline (mouse 2-1)
a /usr/pac/wrk/TriangleTree_1.0/TriangleTree.c 32 blocks
a /usr/pac/wrk/TriangleTree_1.0/mkfile 1 blocks
### arg is passed with absolute path --> intention?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
acme tagline:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
mouse 2-3 click in selected path in the tagline leaves the window 'dirty' (blue tagbox)
Bug? (path doesn't change)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
how to␣implement csh's '==' in rc ?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
e.g.:
#!/bin/csh
if( $typeboot == 1) then

is this correct implementation of the above?:
#!/bin/rc
switch($typeboot) {
	case 1
}

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
regexp:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

how to match a character given its ASCII/Unicode value?
(I feel I once knew it, but cannot find/recall anymore... )\x18c

--
TIA,
regards,

Peter A. Cejchan
Paleobiology Lab, GLU Acad. Sci. CZ
<pac@next.gli.cas.cz>
[http | ftp]://next.gli.cas.cz

* Re: [9fans] a few q's
@ 2002-06-21 12:13 rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2002-06-21 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Hi,
> here's me again with several more questions:
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> tar doesn't like long filenames

I'll let a tar expert answer definitively, but
a) if you change NAMSIZ the tar files will not be portable
b) it doesn't really surprise me that if you change NAMSIZ
you affect the checksum and/or unioning going on.

> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> acme & paths:
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> # tar -c from the tagline (mouse 2-1)
> a /usr/pac/wrk/TriangleTree_1.0/TriangleTree.c 32 blocks
> a /usr/pac/wrk/TriangleTree_1.0/mkfile 1 blocks
> ### arg is passed with absolute path --> intention?
Yes.  At least, I don't think it's an error.

> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> acme tagline:
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> mouse 2-3 click in selected path in the tagline leaves the window 'dirty' (blue tagbox)
> Bug? (path doesn't change)
A bug. There are a couple of cases like this in which an actually unmodified window
looks dirty.  The management of the dirty 'bit' (actually it's a complicated state of
grace) is tricky and rather than overcomplicating the code I deliberately didn't worry
about a few rare cases.

> is this correct implementation of the above?:
> #!/bin/rc
> switch($typeboot) {
> 	case 1
No.

	if(~ $typeboot 1) { ... }

> regexp:

> how to match a character given its ASCII/Unicode value?
> (I feel I once knew it, but cannot find/recall anymore... )\x18c

I don't understand the question.  It will match itself, unless it's
a metacharacter.

-rob