* [9fans] CHDIR or DMDIR
@ 2002-07-10  5:11 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2002-07-10  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Why perm parameter definitions for create(2) are changed?

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] CHDIR or DMDIR
@ 2002-07-10 13:07   ` Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2002-07-10 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 06:54:41AM -0600, Ronald G Minnich wrote:

> stupid question but I tried to find a URL for the 9p2000 description and
> failed, anyone have one.

man 5 intro (I won't hazard a guess at the web entry at Bell Labs, but
you can find your way there without much difficulty).

++L

* Re: [9fans] CHDIR or DMDIR
@ 2002-07-10 13:05 rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2002-07-10 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> stupid question but I tried to find a URL for the 9p2000 description and
> failed, anyone have one.

The section 5 man pages are supposed to be definitive.  We tried to
make them accurate, complete and clear.

-rob

* Re: [9fans] CHDIR or DMDIR
@ 2002-07-10 12:54 ` Ronald G Minnich
From: Ronald G Minnich @ 2002-07-10 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

stupid question but I tried to find a URL for the 9p2000 description and
failed, anyone have one.

Ron, who is Finally back to getting v9fs up ...

* Re: [9fans] CHDIR or DMDIR
@ 2002-07-10  5:58 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2002-07-10  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i suspect: to help track down the previous uses (in Qid.path, for instance) that
needed to be changed (indeed, removed and replaced by QTDIR in Qid.type).
the new names also associates the bits more strongly, by a DM prefix, with the Dir Mode
to which they belong.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1431 bytes --]

From: okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] CHDIR or DMDIR
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:11:30 +0900

@ 2002-07-10  5:33 David Gordon Hogan
From: David Gordon Hogan @ 2002-07-10  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Why perm parameter definitions for create(2) are changed?

CHDIR is discontinued.  It's now DMDIR for Dir.mode, and
QTDIR for Qid.type.  These are different values (due to Qid.type
being a seperate 8 bit field) so they get different names.