* Re: [9fans] new device
@ 2002-07-23  2:11 anothy
From: anothy @ 2002-07-23  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i believe /sys/src/9/port/master is the theoretical
repository, but i also believe it's at least somewhat
out of date (that's from memory, though; i've not
checked recently).
ア

* Re: [9fans] new device
@ 2002-07-23  2:29 ` Christopher Nielsen
From: Christopher Nielsen @ 2002-07-23  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 10:11:35PM -0400, anothy@cosym.net wrote:
> i believe /sys/src/9/port/master is the theoretical
> repository, but i also believe it's at least somewhat
> out of date (that's from memory, though; i've not
> checked recently).

jmk replied privately pointing me at that file.
thanks for the info!

also, i wrote a script that will automagically
generate the list from the source. based on the
results of my script, /sys/src/9/port/master is
only missing the cap device.

--
Christopher Nielsen - Metal-wielding pyro techie
"Those who are willing to trade freedom for security deserve

* [9fans] new device
@ 2002-07-22 19:53 Christopher Nielsen
From: Christopher Nielsen @ 2002-07-22 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I started working on a device driver for myrinet night
before last. I have no idea when it will be done, so
please don't ask just yet. I'll keep everyone posted
on the progress.

I need a device character for the driver.

Is it as simple as selecting one not in use and letting
you guys know?

A registry of device characters in use would be useful.
The wiki would be a good place for that. I'll compile
a list from the source and post it to the wiki, if no
one objects too loudly.