* [9fans] exiting processes in Plan9
@ 2002-08-25 23:25 Roman V. Shaposhnick
From: Roman V. Shaposhnick @ 2002-08-25 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

As you, probably, have seen from my previous post I had a situation
where a process waiting for a Rread message was several times notified
by writing "interrupt" to the notepg. For each note there was a separate
clunk message generated ( but never replied ). Since the only place in
Plan9 kernel where clunk messages are generated is port/devmnt.c:mntclunk().

I can safely assume that this was nothing else but a manifestation of
closing a file ( on which read() was hanging ) from pexit, right ?

If so, it means that I had a situation, where pexit was called several
times for the same process. The question here, is:

    Why did it happen ? Why in Plan9 process that is doing pexit can still
    receive messages, which result in even more calls to pexit ?

I could be wrong in my evaluation of the origin of all those clunks -- in
that case, please be so kind to explain what really happened.

Thanks,
Roman.

* Re: [9fans] exiting processes in Plan9
@ 2002-08-25 23:36 ` Roman V. Shaposhnick
From: Roman V. Shaposhnick @ 2002-08-25 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Please disregard those questions -- it was just a temporary glitch.

Thanks,
Roman.