* [9fans] tcp access to (fake worm) fs?
@ 2002-09-02 20:07 Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2002-09-02 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Can I access my real fake worm fs via tcp? (I tried, no success)
(Got myself cable modem at home, am now connected via a 'firewall'
 (an 'E-Tech wireless router') which of course doesn't know about il.)

Could I somehow create a (tcp?) 'tunnel' through this router to
(e.g.) my cpu server at work, and in that way access the fs at work?

I noticed I can access it indirectly, by cpu-ing to the cpu server at work,
but just mounting it would be nicer.

Any pointers (and command-line examples :-) are appreciated!

Thanks,
Axel.

* Re: [9fans] tcp access to (fake worm) fs?
@ 2002-09-03  8:56 ` Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2002-09-03  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks, Russ.
It's even simpler than I hoped it would be... :-)

@ 2002-09-03  2:12 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-09-03  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On your cpu server, running

	aux/listen1 tcp!*!9fs /bin/aux/trampoline il!your-file-server!9fs &

should set up a tunnel, so that you can pretend
your CPU server is a tcp version of your file server.

You can also put

	#!/bin/rc
	exec aux/trampoline il!your-file-server!9fs

into /rc/bin/service/tcp564, if you want to
use listen instead.

Russ