* [9fans] ns behaviour for dos filesystems
@ 2002-09-02 20:57 Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2002-09-02 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

(seems that in man page ns(1) /proc/pid/ns should be  /proc/$pid/ns)

Just noticed the following:
when I mount a dos file system, ``ns'' reports the right info.
When I then bind this mounted file system somewhere else,
the bind seems to get translated into a mount, but the device argument
for the mount is `forgotten'.

Example:
	c:
gives ns output:
	mount -c '#s/dos' /n/c: /dev/sdC0/dos
	mount -c '#s/dos' /n/c /dev/sdC0/dos

now doing
	bind /n/c /n/kremvax
gives
	mount  '#s/dos' /n/kremvax
i.e. the /dev/sdC0/dos argument has gotten lost.
(same is visible by just doing ``cat /proc/$pid/ns'')

A bit confused,
Axel.

* Re: [9fans] ns behaviour for dos filesystems
@ 2002-09-03  2:10 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-09-03  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The loss of the mount argument is a bug.
I'll take a look.

The man page is formatted correctly.  Run man -P ns
and you'll see that pid is a variable.