* Re: [9fans] pm postprocessor and g++
@ 2002-10-04 16:06 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-10-04 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Related to this, are there manual pages
for other troff packages that are missing?

I know most of them are in google for their respective
unix versions, but perhaps they already exist in plan 9
and there's not need to re-import them...

* Re: [9fans] pm postprocessor and g++
@ 2002-10-04 16:44 ` William Josephson
From: William Josephson @ 2002-10-04 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 06:06:14PM +0200, Fco. J. Ballesteros wrote:
> Related to this, are there manual pages
> for other troff packages that are missing?
>
> I know most of them are in google for their respective
> unix versions, but perhaps they already exist in plan 9
> and there's not need to re-import them...

The only versions I have are in the 10th Ed. manuals.
There is some documentation in the 7th Ed. manuals
publicly available on achille.  Someone else might
be able to comment on how useful that version of the
documentation would be.

* Re: [9fans] pm postprocessor and g++
@ 2002-10-04 16:05 ` William Josephson
From: William Josephson @ 2002-10-04 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 03:39:48PM +0000, Joel Salomon wrote:

> Now that gcc (including, presumably g++) has been ported to plan9, can
> the pm postprocessor be brought back? Are there any other programs
> that were removed for this reason?

I think that the folks at the Labs use the
old cfront binaries for pm, but it is
trivial to compile pm with gcc despite how
much C++ has changed in the intervening years.
I've got my Unix backport somewhere here, but
it would be just as easy to poke around for
the copy of the source Rob posted to 9fans.

* Re: [9fans] pm postprocessor and g++
@ 2002-10-04 15:55 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2002-10-04 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Joel Salomon wrote:

> Now that gcc (including, presumably g++) has been ported to plan9, can
> the pm postprocessor be brought back? Are there any other programs
> that were removed for this reason?
> Joel

that reminds me: i can't figure out how the gcc ape environment should be
compiled -- seems to me some mkfiles are missing...

the above prevents me from finally porting mozilla to p9 (hee hee, j/k :)

andrey

* [9fans] pm postprocessor and g++
@ 2002-10-04 15:39 Joel Salomon
From: Joel Salomon @ 2002-10-04 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)