* [9fans] ipaq debugging over serial (console) line?
@ 2002-10-14 20:21 Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2002-10-14 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Think I read somewhere about ``remote kernel debugging'' over serial line.
Is this possible for the ipaq too? If so, any hints, pointers how to work?
(rdb placeholder in main.c suggests otherwise, but thought I'd just ask;
if not available, is it something that could be added easily?)

Cheers,
Axel.

* Re: [9fans] ipaq debugging over serial (console) line?
@ 2002-10-15 16:19 ` Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2002-10-15 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Great! I'll give it a try (and probably ask more questions;
this is all pretty new to me).

Found rdbfs(4) (and it's SEE ALSO) and acid paper/reference.
Is there other material I would like to read before starting
to play with this? (on wiki?, other papers?)
(I'll look anyway; but I prefer looking lazy over overlooking the obvious)
Thanks,
Axel.

@ 2002-10-15 15:16 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-10-15 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It looks to me like if you just remove the empty rdb()
definition in bitsy/main.c, you'll get the remote debugger.
The empty rdb originally went in because rdb hadn't been
reconciled with the new serial code, but now it has.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] ipaq debugging over serial (console) line?
@ 2002-10-15  8:14 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-10-15  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Not exactly a remote kernel debugger, but I just did fine making
the bitsy print to the console while attached to the serial line.

You can later use kdump on s9bitsy to do post mortem debugging.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2606 bytes --]