* [9fans] USB keyboard support
@ 2002-10-21  6:25 Roman V. Shaposhnick
From: Roman V. Shaposhnick @ 2002-10-21  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have a little bit of unusual configuration of my desktop -- it has everything
external plugged via USB including keyboard. BIOS can "emulate" standard
keyboard allright ( via INT09 I believe ) but when it comes to accessing it
via i/o ports ( as in pc/kbd.c ) there's nothing in there. So, do I have any
chance of getting away with my setup ?

Thanks in advance,
Roman.

* Re: [9fans] USB keyboard support
@ 2002-10-22 18:00 ` Roman V. Shaposhnick
From: Roman V. Shaposhnick @ 2002-10-22 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Am I the only one trying to use USB keyboard with P9 ? Well, anyway,
I'm still stuck with it (can't even boot Plan9). I'm can probably live
with the inability to use keyboard before complete system boot, and
thus write a moral equivalent of usb/mouse but since #c doesn't have
anything like #m/mousein I feel that this direction is not worth
persuading. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Roman.

@ 2002-10-22 22:33 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-10-22 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

USB is full of dragons.

* Re: [9fans] USB keyboard support
@ 2002-10-22 22:31 ` Roman V. Shaposhnick
From: Roman V. Shaposhnick @ 2002-10-22 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks Russ for answering, but I thought that all kbd layer is supposed
to do is essentially calling 'kbdputc()', isn't it ? Or there will be
dragons in USB processing ?

Thanks,
Roman.

@ 2002-10-22 18:07 Russ Cox