* [9fans] Configure targets
@ 2002-11-11  0:40 athiele
From: athiele @ 2002-11-11  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If I`m using ape/psh to run
a configure script, what host type
makes the most sense ? Or am I way off
track. Also , should I use the cc alias
of Ape/psh or gcc as a C compiler ?

Sorry for all the questions today, but I`ve
removed the dual-bootness of my machine so I
can force myself to work fulltime under Plan9,
I really like what I`ve seen so far.

Thank you Russ, et. al for all the help so far.
BTW, the three button mouse makes life soo much easier!

Adrian

* Re: [9fans] Configure targets
@ 2002-11-11  1:01 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2002-11-11  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

configure does not work in the default ape/psh environment. you should
download the gcc3.0 port if you really want to compile something from unixland.

it is also possible to run ./configure on a unix box, say a freebsd machine,
and just move the makefiles it creates to p9, then compile under ape.

ape uses 'cc'. again, gcc is ported to Plan9, but you need to install
it yourself.

andrey