* [9fans] perl + utf?
@ 2003-01-12 22:19 andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2003-01-12 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

does the perl port understand utf strings?

there's a perl irc client (http://www.iagora.com/~espel/sirc.html)
that requires very little modification to get going under plan9,
but i found out that UTF strings are displayed incorrectly.

do you think that's a problem of the client or the perl port?

thanx, andrey

* Re: [9fans] perl + utf?
@ 2003-01-13 17:07 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2003-01-13 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I didn't do anything with Unicode when I ported Perl,
but it's hard to break the basics.

It's probably the client not translating from Latin1 to UTF8.
Everything on IRC is in Latin1, I think.

g% perl -e 'print "☺\n"'
☺
g%

* Re: [9fans] perl + utf?