* [9fans] Re: Install problems
@ 2003-02-14 20:16 John Stalker
From: John Stalker @ 2003-02-14 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> ok, but why partdisk can`t find my hard disk partitions?

I don't know, so I was hoping someone else would suggest something.
It would help to know a bit more about the hardware, though.  Is
this IDE or SCSI, one or more disks, etc.
--
John Stalker
Department of Mathematics

* Re: [9fans] Install problems
@ 2003-02-15 16:38 ` A.S. Kukhar
From: A.S. Kukhar @ 2003-02-15 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i have single 40 Gb SAMSUNG SP4002H (7200RPM)U/D100 HDD
it`s on Primary IDE Master (CDROM is on Secondary IDE
Master)
what else, i made plan9 FAT partition (logical) on hda7

> I don't know, so I was hoping someone else would suggest
> something. It would help to know a bit more about the
> hardware, though.  Is this IDE or SCSI, one or more
> disks, etc.

* Re: [9fans] Re: install problems
@ 2003-02-15  1:01 ` A.S. Kukhar
From: A.S. Kukhar @ 2003-02-15  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

ok, but why partdisk can`t find my hard disk partitions?

-kyxap

> From  "A.S. Kukhar" <plan9@kp.km.ua>
>
> >hi,
> >i have geforce2 mx 400 64mb card (on
> >MSI K7T266Pro2-U VIA KT266A motherboard)
> >and when booting from install floppy i
> >get the following:
> >
> >	pcirouting: South bridge 1106, 3177 not found
> >and
> >	pcirouting: South bridge 1106/3177 unknown
> >
> >graphics mode is allright but partdisk
> >founds only my cdrom device:
> >
> >	sdD0 - SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-152L C100COM
> >
> >(vgainfo.txt and pci.txt are attached)
> >any help would be great, thanks
> >-kyxap
>
> I also got the pcirouting messages on that motherboard.
> I "fixed" it by adding a few lines in pci.c to recognize
> the southbridge, which is a VT8235, and do the generic
> VIA chipset initialization.  I wrote fixed in quotation
> marks because the only observable effect was that the
> error message disappeared.  David Hogan subsequently
> pointed out that recognizing the southbridge is only
> important as a workaround for some buggy BIOSes, so you
> can probably ignore it.
> --
> John Stalker
> Department of Mathematics