* Re: [9fans] kernel debug - how
@ 2003-03-01  3:41 Christopher Nielsen
From: Christopher Nielsen @ 2003-03-01  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> You can debug the kernel with acid -k but there
> is no way to write to kernel memory.
>
> However, you can set that variable by doing
>
> 	echo debug >/dev/fd0ctl
>
> (There is no way to change it back to zero
> after that, which is itself a bug.)

Here's a patch that adds a command to disable debugging
for the floppy driver.

121a122
> 	CMnodebug,
129a131
> 	CMnodebug, "nodebug", 1,
475a478,480

--
Christopher Nielsen
"They who can give up essential liberty for temporary

* Re: [9fans] kernel debug - how
@ 2003-02-26 14:34 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2003-02-26 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

You can debug the kernel with acid -k but there
is no way to write to kernel memory.

However, you can set that variable by doing

	echo debug >/dev/fd0ctl

(There is no way to change it back to zero
after that, which is itself a bug.)

Russ

* [9fans] kernel debug - how
@ 2003-02-26 14:22 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2003-02-26 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi

How do I debug the kernel?

All I want to do is enable floppydebug in a running kernel.

	/sys/src/9/pc/devfloppy.c:42	int floppydebug  = 0;

-Steve