* [9fans] Linksys Instant Wireless
@ 2003-05-02 17:42 Micah Stetson
From: Micah Stetson @ 2003-05-02 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm going to be moving in a month or so, and I'm attempting to set
up a wireless network in my new house.  (Basically, I'm getting
married and my wife doesn't like the idea of Cat5 cables everywhere.)
So I bought a Linksys Instant Wireless PC Card (WPC11 v.3) seeing
that they were mentioned on the Wiki.  The card, however isn't
recognized.  The results are the same in either slot, the card
isn't even powered up.  Running "cat '#Y'/cb0ctl" yields 'slot 0:
SlotFull; '.  It doesn't seem to matter whether I have a card in
the other slot.  I've a Linksys fast ethernet adapter that works
in either slot.  I tried disabling cardbus and going back to PCMCIA
with very similar results.  My laptop (IBM Thinkpad 600) has a TI
PCI 1250 Cardbus chipset.  On boot, it says, "No support yet for
the TI_1250_did, prod pb".  Could this have anything to do with
it?  It doesn't hinder my use of the ethernet card, though.  Any
ideas?

Thanks,

Micah