* [9fans] looking for shell account on plan9 for porting multitail
@ 2003-07-03  9:36 Folkert van Heusden
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Folkert van Heusden @ 2003-07-03  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I wrote a tool called MultiTail.
MultiTail lets you view one or multiple files like the original tail
program. The difference is that it creates multiple windows on your console
(with ncurses). It can also use colors while displaying the logfiles, for
faster recognition of which lines are important and which are not. It
supports regular expressions. It has interactive menus for editing given
regular expressions and deleting and adding windows. One can also have
windows with the output of shell scripts and other software.

Ok, the deal is: I want to port it to plan9. So, for that I need
shell-access to a plan-9 system. Anyone who can give this to me?

Some other things: MultiTail uses pseudo-tty's and (n)curses: are these
available on Plan9?

Folkert van Heusden

p.s.: please CC me: not all news(usenet) makes it up to here

+-> www.vanheusden.com       folkert@vanheusden.com       +31-6-41278122 <-+
| UNIX sysop? Then give MultiTail ( http://www.vanheusden.com/multitail/ ) |
| a try, it brings monitoring logfiles (and such) to a different level!    |

* Re: [9fans] looking for shell account on plan9 for porting multitail
@ 2003-07-03 13:02 ` matt
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: matt @ 2003-07-03 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/screenshot.html

* Re: [9fans] looking for shell account on plan9 for porting multitail
@ 2003-07-03 13:16 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2003-07-03 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Folkert van Heusden wrote:

> Ok, the deal is: I want to port it to plan9. So, for that I need
> shell-access to a plan-9 system. Anyone who can give this to me?

you can run plan9 in a vmware image...

> Some other things: MultiTail uses pseudo-tty's and (n)curses: are these
> available on Plan9?

no..

but here's how you can go about implementing multitail in plan9:

#!/bin/rc

while (! ~ $#* 0) {
        window tail -f $1
        shift
}

* Re: [9fans] looking for shell account on plan9 for porting multitail
@ 2003-07-03 19:54 ` Andrew
From: Andrew @ 2003-07-03 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans; +Cc: folkert

> Ok, the deal is: I want to port it to plan9. So, for that I need
> shell-access to a plan-9 system. Anyone who can give this to me?

I can get you an account on my system. email me off the list for details.

* Re: [9fans] looking for shell account on plan9 for porting multitail
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2003-07-05  0:55 ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2003-07-05  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Huh; I wrote a program I called multitail back in 1998.  It was similar
in nature, but used much simpler interfaces; basically, it just tail'ed
more than one file at a time.

	- Dan C.