* [9fans] acl.lanl.gov gone forever?
@ 2003-09-23 20:22 FODEMESI Gergely
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: FODEMESI Gergely @ 2003-09-23 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

 I remember seeing a message about the 1024 node cluster
at acl.lanl.gov shutting down.
Is all information about it lost/deleted?
I am mainly interested in the power supply to the nodes,
the arrangement of the mainboards and the cooling.
If there is still any information could somebody point to it?

I plan to build a small 10-20 node network from cheap via epia
parts. I want to run it at home, so it should be rather silent.

 thanks: gergo

* Re: [9fans] acl.lanl.gov gone forever?
@ 2003-09-23 20:33 ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2003-09-23 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, FODEMESI Gergely wrote:

>  I remember seeing a message about the 1024 node cluster at acl.lanl.gov
> shutting down.

um, no idea what you're talking about and I'm one of the guys running it.

You may mean Nirvana, the 16-node, 2048 CPU SGI Origin cluster.

> I plan to build a small 10-20 node network from cheap via epia parts. I
> want to run it at home, so it should be rather silent.

you'll need a via-rhine driver, which we are working on.

ron

* Re: [9fans] acl.lanl.gov gone forever?
@ 2003-09-23 21:33 ` mirtchov
From: mirtchov @ 2003-09-23 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>  I remember seeing a message about the 1024 node cluster
> at acl.lanl.gov shutting down.

what Ron said, plus a mirror of www.acl.lanl.gov/plan9 here:

	http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/lanlp9/

you can still see the configuration of the plan9 installation at the
ACL, but it wasn't 1024 nodes, not even close :)

* Re: [9fans] acl.lanl.gov gone forever?
@ 2003-09-23 21:36   ` FODEMESI Gergely
From: FODEMESI Gergely @ 2003-09-23 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

 sorry I mixed up the plan9 network and the 1024 node cluster.

 gergo

@ 2003-09-23 22:13 ` vdharani
From: vdharani @ 2003-09-23 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans