* [9fans] detaching a process from its window
@ 2003-10-04 21:49 Hugo Santos
From: Hugo Santos @ 2003-10-04 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello there,

Is it possible to detach a process from its rio window, and then reatach
it in another one? E.g. detaching acme from a window, and then reatach
it in a window from a rio running from drawterm.

Hugo Santos

* Re: [9fans] detaching a process from its window
@ 2003-10-05  0:39 ` mirtchov
From: mirtchov @ 2003-10-05  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Is it possible to detach a process from its rio window, and then reatach
> it in another one? E.g. detaching acme from a window, and then reatach
> it in a window from a rio running from drawterm.

no...  you can use vnc for some of that functionality, or you can use
'aan' to be able to reattach to processes from different hosts
(imported fd's) but the functionality you're thinking of isn't there.

people have discussed possible ways of implementing it, but i keep
thinking that if there was an easy, clean way it would've been done
already...

andrey

* Re: [9fans] detaching a process from its window
@ 2003-10-05  6:02   ` Scott Schwartz
From: Scott Schwartz @ 2003-10-05  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It'd have been easier with 8.5, I think, where windows are purely
recursive (change 8.5 to work like unix's screen program).  Pushing state
into /dev/draw makes it harder.