From: John Stalker <stalker@Math.Princeton.EDU>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] restoring p9 boot blocks
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:23:00 -0500	[thread overview]

Unfortunately it's an extended partition, so disk/fdisk won't
set it as active.  I believe that's a limitation of the pc
architecture rather than of fdisk itself.  This is, in fact,
the main problem with installing FreeBSD on an extended
partition.  plan9 is supposed to be happy on an extended
partition, or rather I know I've done it in the past without
incident.

--
John Stalker
Department of Mathematics