* [9fans] this has nothing to do with Plan 9
@ 2003-12-31 22:26 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2003-12-31 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

But it's just so great it is my holiday present to the list.

http://home.pmt.org/~drose/aw-win3x-16.html

I won't say more. It's just too wonderful.

And, by the way, this web site is not a joke. The software really existed.

And, sorry if I forwarded this already, or someone else did, I just can't
resist going back to this site. I just start laughing as soon as it pops
up.

The dog, sad to say, does in fact live on in XP, as those of you who have
had to use XP know. You can shoot the dog in the head, however, and make
it go away.

ron

* Re: [9fans] this has nothing to do with Plan 9
@ 2004-01-02 19:42 ` John Stalker
From: John Stalker @ 2004-01-02 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

A while back someone was selling a copy of Microsoft Bob
on ebay.  The original URL was
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3406764482&category=182.
It is now expired, however.  Interestingly even the ad was enough to make
links dump core (at least on FreeBSD, I haven't tried it on plan9).

--
John Stalker
Department of Mathematics

* Re: [9fans] this has nothing to do with Plan 9
@ 2004-01-02 20:01 ` John Stalker
From: John Stalker @ 2004-01-02 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

By the way, anyone remember a book called "Bringing Design to Software"
edited by Terry Winograd?  From the book jacket, "Profiles discussing
Mosaic, Quicken, Macintosh Interface Guidelines, Microsoft Bob, and
other successful applications and projects are included to highlight
key points in the chapters."
--
John Stalker
Department of Mathematics