* [9fans] iso-8559-1 to unicode
@ 2004-01-09  8:10 Matthias Teege
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Matthias Teege @ 2004-01-09  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Moin,

I'm try to move my old textfiles from my unix servers
to plan9 server. In doing so I have problems to convert
iso-8559-1 to utf-8. First I try recode l1..u1 but the
result files aren't correct for plan9. Then I try tcs
from plan9 and the conversion is perfect.

The problem is, that I need a the modification time
unchanged. This is default in recode but tcs use create
a new file.

Is there any way to save the modification time without
a lot of scripting?

Many thanks
Matthias