* [9fans] lon9con
@ 2004-03-19  3:59 boyd, rounin
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-03-19  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

after a bit of a rave with dave we decided on a t-shirt.

it's gonna be black and XL and i think it's gonna look like this:

    http://www.insultant.net/repo/plan9/images/lon9cont.html

obviously bit flipping/backgrounds will be done so it renders.

personalised for each attendee, so i have to do some recon
here in paris to get 'em printed up on high grade cotton with
'near indestructable' printing.

given they're personalised, like:

    http://www.insultant.net/images/9qab-207.jpg

my rough guess is 20 EUR a pop.

comments?

* Re: [9fans] lon9con
@ 2004-03-19  6:39 ` boyd, rounin
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-03-19  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

after much fscking around i have come up with this:

    http://www.insultant.net/repo/plan9/images/lon9con.jpeg

* Re: [9fans] lon9con
@ 2004-03-19  8:56 ` matt
From: matt @ 2004-03-19  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

look good to me

* Re: [9fans] lon9con
@ 2004-03-19  9:07   ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-03-19  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> look good to me

cool, i took the idea from the bowling shirt, 'cept email addresses will
have to be used.

i hate graphics.

* Re: [9fans] lon9con
@ 2004-03-19  9:36     ` matt
From: matt @ 2004-03-19  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

the email address part I'm not so sure of these things have a habit of expiring
and mine's not that cool and belongs to a company I'm happy to use for email
but don't want to wear clothes with their name on (I *used* to work there)

I think I'd rather have  maht:irc.freenode.org#plan9

but that looks a bit long

perhaps I'd settle for maht

* Re: [9fans] lon9con
@ 2004-03-19  9:42       ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-03-19  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I think I'd rather have  maht:irc.freenode.org#plan9
>
> but that looks a bit long
>
> perhaps I'd settle for maht

whatever.  davel gave me an unspamable list, so i just took it from there.

i actually like login names, 'cos it's simpler and shorter to type.

the bowling shirt (seemed to me) to be tied to your login at bell.

* Re: [9fans] lon9con
@ 2004-03-19  9:48 ` David Cantrell
From: David Cantrell @ 2004-03-19  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 04:59:11AM +0100, boyd, rounin wrote:

> it's gonna be black and XL and i think it's gonna look like this:
>
> comments?

Is it impractical to have more than one size?

     Soylent green is purple!  Soylent green is purple!

* Re: [9fans] lon9con
@ 2004-03-19 10:11   ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-03-19 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Is it impractical to have more than one size?

no, you just need to re-code rc ;)

* Re: [9fans] lon9con
@ 2004-03-20  3:18         ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-03-20  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

well, it looks like it's gonna be done like this with login names:

    http://www.insultant.net/repo/plan9/images/t/boyd.jpg

on a black XL t-shirt.

* Re: [9fans] lon9con
@ 2004-03-20  3:36           ` Stephen Wynne
From: Stephen Wynne @ 2004-03-20  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Glenda needs some dark pilot's glasses.

* Re: [9fans] lon9con
@ 2004-03-20  3:40             ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-03-20  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Glenda needs some dark pilot's glasses.

an' maybe a CWU/27-P ...

* [9fans] links undefined?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2004-04-03 16:49 ` Kristian A Hahn
From: Kristian A Hahn @ 2004-04-03 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I've run in to some trouble attemtping to set up a cpu/auth server.  I
followed the instructions given in the wiki and everything worked fine,
however the base configuration doesn't include support for my NIC.  I
added the corresponding entry :

ether2114x      pci

to pcauth but notice that ether2114x.c is never built during the compile
and the .8 isn't included in the link so the build fails with lines like:

links: undefined: ether2144xlink in links

If I remove the 2114x entry, the build completes normally.  I pulled the
latest sources, copied them over and tried again with ether2114x but it
still fails.  I checked 9fans and found that someone encountered a
similar problem last year but their issue was resolved offline.  Can
someone tell me what the problem might be?  I'll post my pcauth and/or
compile log if needed.

Thanks,
Kristian

* Re: [9fans] links undefined?
@ 2004-04-03 18:11   ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-04-03 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Kristian A Hahn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've run in to some trouble attemtping to set up a cpu/auth server.  I
> followed the instructions given in the wiki and everything worked fine,
> however the base configuration doesn't include support for my NIC.  I
> added the corresponding entry :
>
> ether2114x      pci
>
> to pcauth but notice that ether2114x.c is never built during the compile
> and the .8 isn't included in the link so the build fails with lines like:
>
> links: undefined: ether2144xlink in links
>
> If I remove the 2114x entry, the build completes normally.  I pulled the
> latest sources, copied them over and tried again with ether2114x but it
> still fails.  I checked 9fans and found that someone encountered a
> similar problem last year but their issue was resolved offline.  Can
> someone tell me what the problem might be?  I'll post my pcauth and/or
> compile log if needed.

Try running mk clean and try again.  It's possible
that your clock is set funny and there are "very new"
old files lying around messing things up.

Also make sure that the line begins with a tab
not with spaces, though I don't think that matters.

* Re: [9fans] links undefined?
@ 2004-04-03 18:43     ` Kristian A Hahn
From: Kristian A Hahn @ 2004-04-03 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks!  That fixed it.  Apparently it does matter.

-- Kristian

@ 2004-03-23 12:17       ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-03-23 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Oops, misunderstanding.  I was asking if the glenda on the front and the
> text are printed in black regardless of the sleeve color.

they are all printed in black [glenda + text].

* Re: [9fans] lon9con
@ 2004-03-23  9:38     ` Sascha Wildner
From: Sascha Wildner @ 2004-03-23  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

boyd, rounin wrote:

> glenda is white.  rob asked me to take off the black
> glenda off the back of the jerseys.  i was never too
> convinced about it either, so i removed it.
>
> white glenda == white background.

Oops, misunderstanding.  I was asking if the glenda on the front and the
text are printed in black regardless of the sleeve color.

BTW: They definitely look better without the black glenda on the back.

Regards,
Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx

* Re: [9fans] lon9con
@ 2004-03-22 11:52   ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-03-22 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2004-03-22 10:07 ` Sascha Wildner
From: Sascha Wildner @ 2004-03-22 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2004-03-20 18:56   ` Dave Lukes
From: Dave Lukes @ 2004-03-20 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Sorry, private message.

Cheers,
	Dave.

On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 18:51, Dave Lukes wrote:
> Gracias for t-shirt image.
>
> Sorry I've been a bit incommunicado ...
>
> I'll try to get my shit back together next week:
> I'm gonna go talk to Skea about all the shit with credguard etc. too.

* Re: [9fans] lon9con
@ 2004-03-20 18:51 ` Dave Lukes
From: Dave Lukes @ 2004-03-20 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans