* [9fans] troff port
@ 2004-05-15  6:44 Taj Khattra
From: Taj Khattra @ 2004-05-15  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i've put a port of troff and associates to Russ's Plan 9
ports collection at http://pobox.com/~taj.khattra/9troff.html

hopefully it can be included in ports sometime.

* Re: [9fans] troff port
@ 2004-05-15 15:35 ` William Josephson
From: William Josephson @ 2004-05-15 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 11:44:56PM -0700, Taj Khattra wrote:
> i've put a port of troff and associates to Russ's Plan 9
> ports collection at http://pobox.com/~taj.khattra/9troff.html
>
> hopefully it can be included in ports sometime.

We already have a port, but I've been too busy to
merge it into Russ's latest tree.  Maybe in early
June I'll have time to sift through things.

* Re: [9fans] troff port
@ 2004-05-15 23:35   ` Russ Cox
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-05-15 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I merged Taj's port into the CVS tree but it's
marked as BUGGERED until someone gets rid
of all the compilation warnings.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] troff port
@ 2004-05-15 23:38     ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-05-15 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> marked as BUGGERED until someone gets rid
> of all the compilation warnings.

:)

* Re: [9fans] troff port
@ 2004-05-16  0:02       ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-05-16  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> marked as BUGGERED until someone gets rid
> of all the compilation warnings.

just the sort of bit you need on various bits of buggered junk on plan 9 ;)

paul vixie, at some point, hacked a firewall kernel so that only root could
give public execute to executables.  a neat hack to 'bless' executables.
root is dead now -- it was rooted.

* Re: [9fans] troff port
@ 2004-05-16  4:01     ` William Josephson
From: William Josephson @ 2004-05-16  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 07:35:02PM -0400, Russ Cox wrote:
> I merged Taj's port into the CVS tree but it's
> marked as BUGGERED until someone gets rid
> of all the compilation warnings.

I'll merge in most of mine shortly since it is
more complete and the starter solenoid on my
car is toast so I'm not going anywhere without
an insulated screwdriver to short it out.

* Re: [9fans] troff port
@ 2004-05-16  8:15     ` William Josephson
From: William Josephson @ 2004-05-16  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 07:35:02PM -0400, Russ Cox wrote:
> I merged Taj's port into the CVS tree but it's
> marked as BUGGERED until someone gets rid
> of all the compilation warnings.

Wow.  I'd forgotten how many of those there were
without editing the source.  I ended up ``fixing''
lex and yacc, too.  Given another hour or two of
hacking, the combination of the two ports should
be usable (got sidetracked by Dr. Strangelove and
now it is late...).