* [9fans] Pre-qualify, and apply for home [loans] and [mortgagegl
@ 2004-05-19 14:19 Joseph
From: Joseph @ 2004-05-19 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

* [9fans] Spam
@ 2004-05-19 14:25 ` Ali Mashtizadeh
From: Ali Mashtizadeh @ 2004-05-19 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs'

Is there somehting we could do better to deal with spam? Like only allow people on the list to send out emails or are we already doing that. Or make some approval method for people to get on the list just to make sure its not an advertiser.

Ali Mashtizadeh
علی ماشتی زاده

* Re: [9fans] Spam
@ 2004-05-19 14:59   ` Scott Schwartz
From: Scott Schwartz @ 2004-05-19 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

| Is there somehting we could do better to deal with spam? Like only allow
| people on the list to send out emails or are we already doing that.

We could do that.  We'd have to do something to keep the usenet->email
gateway working, though.

(Right now we're running spamassassin and DCC.)

* Re: [9fans] Spam
@ 2004-05-19 15:19     ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-05-19 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> We could do that.  We'd have to do something to keep the usenet->email
> gateway working, though.

And there are people who post to the list who are
subscribed under different addresses or local repeaters.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Spam
@ 2004-05-19 20:02       ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-05-19 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> > We could do that.  We'd have to do something to keep the usenet->email
> > gateway working, though.
>
> And there are people who post to the list who are
> subscribed under different addresses or local repeaters.

yeah.  we had a loooooooooooooong thread on this about 6 months back.  we're
just going to have to take our lumps.