* Re: [9fans] Grap paper
@ 2004-09-06  7:54 Aharon Robbins
From: Aharon Robbins @ 2004-09-06  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> > > If nothing else works, the grap paper is CSTR 114, available as
> > > http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/cstr/114.ps.gz.
> >
> > That's the ticket!  Can the sources folk put that into /sys/doc?
>
> We could, but it's not really a Plan 9 paper.
> Then we should put eqn and pic there and so on.

Why not?  Plan 9 may be the last stand for troff and friends, so you
may as well include the doc for them in the dist.  Make a separate
'unix_legacy' directory or something for such things, if you like.

Arnold

* Re: [9fans] Grap paper
@ 2004-09-06 12:12 ` Brantley Coile
From: Brantley Coile @ 2004-09-06 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> If nothing else works, the grap paper is CSTR 114, available as
>> http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/cstr/114.ps.gz.
>
>>That's the ticket!  Can the sources folk put that into /sys/doc?
>
> Is there a good reason you need it in /sys/doc?  Doesn't it suffice to simply have a copy *somewhere*?

Sure.  I'm easy.  I just needed grap the other day and if I didn't have
a copy of the 10th Edition V2 it would have been harder to use.  Not
everyone has a copy of the 10th Edition manual.

I don't care where it's put.  (within reason)

  Brantley

* Re: [9fans] Grap paper
@ 2004-09-06  1:05 Ben Huntsman
From: Ben Huntsman @ 2004-09-06  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2004-09-06  0:51       ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-09-06  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russ Cox, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> We could, but it's not really a Plan 9 paper.
> Then we should put eqn and pic there and so on.

ahh, be buggered.

add a section entitled 'other resources' or something.

or just NATIVE port 'em.

* Re: [9fans] Grap paper
@ 2004-09-06  0:49     ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-09-06  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> > If nothing else works, the grap paper is CSTR 114, available as
> > http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/cstr/114.ps.gz.
>
> That's the ticket!  Can the sources folk put that into /sys/doc?

We could, but it's not really a Plan 9 paper.
Then we should put eqn and pic there and so on.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Grap paper
@ 2004-09-05 22:45   ` Brantley Coile
From: Brantley Coile @ 2004-09-05 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2004-09-05 22:42 ` geoff
From: geoff @ 2004-09-05 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If nothing else works, the grap paper is CSTR 114, available as
http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/cstr/114.ps.gz.

* [9fans] Grap paper
@ 2004-09-05 21:10 Brantley Coile
From: Brantley Coile @ 2004-09-05 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

My 10th Edition UNIX manual has the paper on grap(1), but I don't see
it in /sys/doc (nor do I find it in Dennis' 10th Edition stuff on the
web).  Is it possible for that to be put in /sys/doc?

  Brantley