* Re: [9fans] Introducing bsflite, AIM for Plan9
@ 2005-01-12 15:28 Claudio Leite
From: Claudio Leite @ 2005-01-12 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 03:09:23PM +0000, rog@vitanuova.com wrote:

> why do you need to know the terminal dimensions?

I use a word-wrapping print routine to display incoming and outgoing messages
in a more legible manner, so I need to know how many columns the screen has in
order to space it out properly. Thanks for the tip.

> PS. where's the source?

The current version in CVS supports Plan 9 (the latest release, 0.72, does
not). Please see http://bsflite.sf.net/ for more information. Some of it is a
bit ugly.

-Claudio

--
Claudio Leite
- http://leitec.org/

* Re: [9fans] Introducing bsflite, AIM for Plan9
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2005-01-13 16:57 ` Claudio Leite
From: Claudio Leite @ 2005-01-13 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello again,

  I just compiled and posted a new version for plan9 that can be run
from any terminal regardless of size. Turns out, after reading some
source this wasn't as hard as I thought.

http://mordor.tip9ug.jp/who/bsflite/bsflite-20050113.plan9.gz
http://mordor.tip9ug.jp/who/bsflite/bsflite-20050113.tar.gz (source)

Also, an additional note: the CVS version of bsflite (which includes
this) supports messaging ICQ users. Simply add their UIN's as you would
any screen name in AIM. (note, you cannot log in with an UIN; you must
still use your AIM username).

--Claudio

* Re: [9fans] Introducing bsflite, AIM for Plan9
@ 2005-01-13 14:45       ` Fco. J. Ballesteros
From: Fco. J. Ballesteros @ 2005-01-13 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Ok. I am; sorry, I was not reading this thread.

We have (Hmm, I think in the dump, actually) a msn client.
Also, we changed a bit faces to start the clients. Didn't I
say this to the list?

I'm not sure if it's in sources, nor where it is. If anyone
wants to play with it, I'll package it and put a copy into sources.

hth

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2953 bytes --]

From: "Tiit Lankots" <t.lankots@aprote.ee>
To: "Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs" <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Introducing bsflite, AIM for Plan9
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:42:02 +0200

> I wasn't joking, there is an msn client also for plan 9. I has been
> around here
> for sometime... I don't know if there are any legal problems with it
> though,
> so I won't say the author.

Reverse engineering a protocol is perfectly legal both in USA and in EU.
										G.

* Re: [9fans] Introducing bsflite, AIM for Plan9
@ 2005-01-13 11:42     ` Tiit Lankots
From: Tiit Lankots @ 2005-01-13 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2005-01-13 11:37   ` Gorka Guardiola
From: Gorka Guardiola @ 2005-01-13 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2005-01-13 10:48 ` Dave Lukes
From: Dave Lukes @ 2005-01-13 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2005-01-13  2:57 ` tom
From: tom @ 2005-01-13  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've been using bsflite for a couple of weeks
and it seems to work without any problems.
It's extremely helpful if one has family
members on AIM.  Thanks so much to Claudio!

Tom

* Re: [9fans] Introducing bsflite, AIM for Plan9
@ 2005-01-12 15:09 ` rog
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: rog @ 2005-01-12 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> However, I haven't figured out how to get the terminal dimensions
> for a rio shell window, and thus it's hardcoded to 80x24.

see /sys/src/cmd/mc.c for an example of a program that does this.

why do you need to know the terminal dimensions?

PS. where's the source?

* [9fans] Introducing bsflite, AIM for Plan9
@ 2005-01-12 14:39 Claudio Leite
                   ` (3 more replies)