* [9fans] Plan9 on qemu
@ 2005-02-07  4:37 Brian L. Stuart
From: Brian L. Stuart @ 2005-02-07  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I was playing around with qemu the other day and came across
an issue that had been reported earlier.  Namely, it would
hang after the two A0 lines and before the kernel was loaded.
It seemed as if the loader couldn't find anything.  However,
the loader in the CD image worked fine and the install was
successful.  Oddly, I noticed that even when plan9.ini was
set to boot from the disk image, if I invoked qemu with:

qemu -boot c -cdrom plan9.iso test.disk

it would still boot the iso image.  This led me to try

qemu -boot c -cdrom test.disk test.disk

and things worked fine.  So if anyone else is seeing this
sort of hang, here's a trick that should hold us until
things are happy again.

Brian L. Stuart

* Re: [9fans] Plan9 on qemu
@ 2005-02-20 20:47 ` McLone
From: McLone @ 2005-02-20 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 22:37:08 -0600, Brian L. Stuart
<blstuart@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> hang after the two A0 lines and before the kernel was loaded.
> It seemed as if the loader couldn't find anything.  However,
> the loader in the CD image worked fine and the install was
> successful.
and here you umount/omit cdrom from qemu, right?
> it would still boot the iso image.  This led me to try
> qemu -boot c -cdrom test.disk test.disk
> and things worked fine.  So if anyone else is seeing this
> sort of hang, here's a trick that should hold us until
This sort of thing happens in vmware5 also; if i remove [empty now]
cdrom drive from VM's configuration, plan9 boots fine, tho graphic
isn't redrawn. But graphic bug is another bug...

--
wbr,                        |\      _,,,---,,_           dog bless ya!