* [9fans] patch for wiki
@ 2005-04-09 13:49 Sergey Reva
From: Sergey Reva @ 2005-04-09 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello Fans

It should be great if someone add (also correct my english) this tip
to VMWare section of Wiki page:

Problem with hung 9load on VMWare can be avoided if move CD-ROM drive
to SCSI bus. VMWare allow SCSI simulation for ATA CD-ROM drives, just
select appropriate radio button in cd-rom settings dialog.
SCSI controller (BT-958) supported by Plan 9 of course, use /dev/sd00 for access to
CDROM drive.

--
http://rs-rlab.narod.ru                          mailto:rs_rlab@mail.ru

* Re: [9fans] patch for wiki
@ 2005-04-09 15:12 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-04-09 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey Reva, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> It should be great if someone add (also correct my english) this tip
> to VMWare section of Wiki page:

the current plan 9 cd image should boot in vmware
without hanging, thanks to devon o'dell.

russ

* Re: [9fans] patch for wiki
@ 2005-04-10 20:11   ` Devon H. O'Dell
From: Devon H. O'Dell  @ 2005-04-10 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)