* [9fans] OT: gigabit ethernet switch
@ 2005-04-17  9:06 fgergo
From: fgergo @ 2005-04-17  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

1. Does anyone have experience with really unusable gigabit ethernet switches?
2. Is there a - more than 10 port - gigabit ethernet switch what you'd
recommend?

* Re: [9fans] OT: gigabit ethernet switch
@ 2005-04-17  9:13 ` Devon H. O'Dell
From: Devon H. O'Dell  @ 2005-04-17  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 11:06:07AM +0200, fgergo@gmail.com wrote:
> 1. Does anyone have experience with really unusable gigabit ethernet switches?
> 2. Is there a - more than 10 port - gigabit ethernet switch what you'd
> recommend?

Yes: be wary of the price. There are several gigabit switches
that are available from various big names with quite low prices.
You want to look out for these, because they generally have a
backplane that won't actually push its capacity if fully
saturated. I believe there's even a Cisco 24-port gigabit switch
with a 10Gbit backplane, which means that if all the machines are
saturating the switch, it'll not be able to deliver any more than
10Gbit/s.

If you're really wanting to do network testing or want
performance on a filled switch, any of these will be unusable.
So, I stress again, don't forget to check the speed of the
backplane if it's a low-priced switch!

--Devon

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 194 bytes --]

* [9fans] listen -d
@ 2005-04-17 13:59   ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2005-04-17 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

It seems "listen -d" in fossilcons does not work at all.

one more question.
should the following sequences work?
listen -d tcp!*!564
listen tcp!202.250.160.2!564