* [9fans] fingerworks
@ 2005-05-03 10:02 Abhey Shah
From: Abhey Shah @ 2005-05-03 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I wander if anybody has played with one of these

http://www.fingerworks.com/

Seems ideal for acme just not sure about typing on a pair of  massive
trackpads, it also seems expensive for a pair of trackpads.

Abhey

* Re: [9fans] fingerworks
@ 2005-05-04 12:24 ` Matt Moore
From: Matt Moore @ 2005-05-04 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> I wander if anybody has played with one of these
>
> http://www.fingerworks.com/
>
> Seems ideal for acme just not sure about typing on a pair of  massive
> trackpads, it also seems expensive for a pair of trackpads.

I've not, but I hope to be getting one soon and I'll be sure to let
you know how I get on with them.  The forums on the site are actually
pretty good for providing fairly balanced reviews.

--
Matthew R Moore
Personal - tba

* Re: [9fans] fingerworks
@ 2005-05-04 16:31   ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2005-05-04 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Moore, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I tried to order one like 6 months ago... it was basically impossible
to find anyone who had any in stock at the time.  All of Amazon.com's
resellers were clean out.

Dave

@ 2005-05-05  0:04   ` Dick Davies
From: Dick Davies @ 2005-05-05  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

* Matt Moore <mattrm@gmail.com> [0525 13:25]:
> > I wander if anybody has played with one of these
> >
> > http://www.fingerworks.com/
> >
> > Seems ideal for acme just not sure about typing on a pair of  massive
> > trackpads, it also seems expensive for a pair of trackpads.

They're abso - feckin -lutely awesome.
Saved my life when i got RSI, and the chords (for things like capslock/
shift/cmd/alt) continue to make my life easier.

they detect motion rather than pressure , so you can rest your hands on them.
not having to move around for the mouse saves a terrific amount of wear and tear
on the tendons too...

Remappable to Dvorak too without having to bother the computer.

--
'A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction
into a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.'