* [9fans] wiki enhancements
@ 2005-05-24  6:02 Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2005-05-24  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I happen to use "kwiki" under NetBSD, with a number of useful features
that I feel are missing in the Plan 9 wiki.  Am I to understand that
the implementation of additional features in the wiki is encouraged
rather than forbidden by some explicit or hidden philosophy I am not
aware of?

Typically, I'm thinking of headers, bullets, font qualifiers and
preformatting.  Some of these may be available in the Plan 9 wiki, and
those will remain, at minimum, compatible, but some are sorely
missing, if my memory of the metapage is anything to go by.

"Read the source, Luke!" is still coming :-)

++L

* Re: [9fans] wiki enhancements
@ 2005-05-24  6:39 ` Uriel
From: Uriel @ 2005-05-24  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 08:02:28AM +0200, Lucio De Re wrote:
> I happen to use "kwiki" under NetBSD, with a number of useful features
> that I feel are missing in the Plan 9 wiki.  Am I to understand that
> the implementation of additional features in the wiki is encouraged
> rather than forbidden by some explicit or hidden philosophy I am not
> aware of?
>
> Typically, I'm thinking of headers, bullets, font qualifiers and
> preformatting.  Some of these may be available in the Plan 9 wiki, and
> those will remain, at minimum, compatible, but some are sorely
> missing, if my memory of the metapage is anything to go by.
The tricky bit about wikifs is to make sure any features you add still
work and look fine with the acme interface. This forces to keep things
simple, which is a good thing.

You can find my TODO list of features I want to add to wikifs and Wiki
in my wiki page:

/mnt/wiki/uriel/

Ideas about how to implement the various features(specially on what
syntax to use that keep the acme interface sane) are very appreciated.

uriel