* [9fans] 'Drawterm to your terminal' problems
@ 2005-05-25 19:03 Claudio Leite
From: Claudio Leite @ 2005-05-25 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello. I just installed Plan 9 on a machine with less-than-ideal video support, and as such would like to drawterm into it. Setting up a cpu+auth server seems somewhat like overkill, so this wiki entry seemed like a good bet:

http://cm.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Drawterm_to_your_terminal/index.html

I've done this a few times so far from scratch to make sure I didn't do anything wrong, but every time I end up with the same error:

$ drawterm -a 172.31.203.7 -c 172.31.203.7
drawterm: cannot authenticate with p9
abort 1792

(on my Linux machine.)

My ndb/local file is pretty minimal, with just the DNS entries for my LAN. There are no Plan 9 servers on the LAN aside from my terminal. My IP and such are being set from termrc, and aside from that I don't believe any further network configuration takes place.

I've asked around a bit on #plan9 IRC but nobody seems to know what's missing here. Has anyone successfully set this up? Again, this is a fresh install, so if there's something I need to set up beforehand, please do tell me!

Thanks,
-Claudio

* Re: [9fans] 'Drawterm to your terminal' problems
@ 2005-05-26 13:10 ` Claudio Leite
From: Claudio Leite @ 2005-05-26 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 10:27:27AM +0900, YAMANASHI Takeshi wrote:
> > http://cm.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Drawterm_to_your_terminal/index.html
>
> I changed the sequence so that not to start a new factotum.
> Please give it a try again.

Great - that worked. Thanks!

@ 2005-05-26  1:27 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2005-05-26  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)