* [9fans] logging in...
@ 2005-07-31 16:53 John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2005-07-31 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Okay, so I finally got a system running the 9pcauth kernel.  It is
visible on the network, and I can start drawterm and get as far as the
username and password prompt.  However, upon typing in the uname and
pass, I get the following error on my xterm:
./drawterm-linux: cannot authenticate with p9
abort 5508
What does this mean?  Have I forgotten to configure something?
By the way, how can I get the ssh server to start at every boot?
Thanks

John
--
http://nuwen.net/~digi/cluster
Space is to place as eternity is to time.

* Re: [9fans] logging in...
@ 2005-07-31 17:51 ` John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2005-07-31 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

John Floren wrote:
> Okay, so I finally got a system running the 9pcauth kernel.  It is
> visible on the network, and I can start drawterm and get as far as the
> username and password prompt.  However, upon typing in the uname and
> pass, I get the following error on my xterm:
> ./drawterm-linux: cannot authenticate with p9
> abort 5508
> What does this mean?  Have I forgotten to configure something?
> By the way, how can I get the ssh server to start at every boot?
> Thanks
>
> John
Okay, I found some stuff that needed to be done.  I had to run wrkey and
keyfs for some reason, and the to enable the users I wanted to log in
as.  It works now; thanks.
Learning slowly,

John
--

@ 2005-08-01  1:29   ` Ronald G. Minnich
From: Ronald G. Minnich @ 2005-08-01  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005, John Floren wrote:

> Okay, I found some stuff that needed to be done.  I had to run wrkey and
> keyfs for some reason, and the to enable the users I wanted to log in
> as.  It works now; thanks. Learning slowly,

you might want to document your steps for others ... this stuff is always
very confusing.

thanks

ron

* Re: [9fans] logging in...
@ 2005-08-02  6:16     ` Uriel
From: Uriel @ 2005-08-02  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 07:29:20PM -0600, Ronald G. Minnich wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005, John Floren wrote:
>
> > Okay, I found some stuff that needed to be done.  I had to run wrkey and
> > keyfs for some reason, and the to enable the users I wanted to log in
> > as.  It works now; thanks. Learning slowly,
>
> you might want to document your steps for others ... this stuff is always
> very confusing.
Yes, please update the wiki if you find the current instructions
insufficient or incorrect.

thanks

uriel