* [9fans] integration of userspace 802.1x supplicant in boot sequence
@ 2005-08-12  8:59 Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2005-08-12  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm integrating the start of a user-space 802.1x
supplicant daemon in the boot sequence.
Ideally, this deamon should be started after
ip has been set up and before ipconfig is run.

so, I placed it in bootip.c:/^configip between binding
in of the ip interface and starting ipconfig.
I'm only starting it if the program is present
in /boot and a special env var is set in plan9.ini.

however, the supplicant needs some information
(details depend on the chosen auth method, in our
 case it is username/password, if other auth methods
 are chosen (no code yet) e.g. certificates may be
 involved); I was thinking that
it would be nice to let factotum as these for us,
but that means that factotum must be started before
before the supplicant, and thus before the network
is up, so it can't reach secstore...

what would be a good approach here?
would there be a way (would this be the way? :-)
to get the optional start of the supplicant into
the distribution?

Axel.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-08-12  8:59 UTC | newest]