* [9fans] Dvorak on Plan9; Plan9/Acme for Unix
@ 2005-07-17 18:00 Ulrich Hobelmann
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Ulrich Hobelmann @ 2005-07-17 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I just started toying around with Plan9.  Some questions:

Are there ways to switch my keyboard layout, to Dvorak?  If not,
what file would I have to edit in what way to get a new layout?

Are there Acme or even total Plan9 clones for Unix (in particular
Mac OS X, but X11 windowing would be fine)?  I know there's Wily,
but I can't get it to compile, and the website seems kindof
old/unmaintained.  Are there other, still alive versions of some
Acme for Unix, or of a library that emulates the Plan9 interface?

* Re: [9fans] Dvorak on Plan9; Plan9/Acme for Unix
@ 2005-07-17 18:16 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2005-07-17 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Are there Acme or even total Plan9 clones for Unix (in particular
> Mac OS X, but X11 windowing would be fine)?

http://swtch.com/plan9port

:)

* Re: [9fans] Dvorak on Plan9; Plan9/Acme for Unix
@ 2005-07-17 18:18 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-07-17 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs, Ulrich Hobelmann

> Are there ways to switch my keyboard layout, to Dvorak?  If not,
> what file would I have to edit in what way to get a new layout?

You should be able to use the kbmap kernel device.
Someone else will know, I'm sure.

> Are there Acme or even total Plan9 clones for Unix (in particular
> Mac OS X, but X11 windowing would be fine)?  I know there's Wily,
> but I can't get it to compile, and the website seems kindof
> old/unmaintained.  Are there other, still alive versions of some
> Acme for Unix, or of a library that emulates the Plan9 interface?

http://swtch.com/plan9port

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Dvorak on Plan9; Plan9/Acme for Unix
@ 2005-07-17 18:19 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2005-07-17 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

oh, forgot: see /sys/lib/kbmap for available keyboard maps, kbmap(1)
and kbmap(3) should also help.

i don't see a dvorak kbmap among the ones there, perhaps you can send
it to us if you write one?  :)

* Re: [9fans] Dvorak on Plan9; Plan9/Acme for Unix
@ 2005-08-13  5:09   ` Satoshi Kida
From: Satoshi Kida @ 2005-08-13  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> i don't see a dvorak kbmap among the ones there, perhaps you can send
> it to us if you write one?  :)

i wrote kbmap files for Dvorak keyboard layout.
http://www.tip9ug.jp/who/kida/

i think Dvorak one-handed layout matches to mouse operation.
but i cannot use that layout, so difficult to me :(

----
KIDA Satoshi