* re: [9fans] drawterm-soalris-sparc
@ 2005-08-30 17:07 Dimitry Golubovsky
From: Dimitry Golubovsky @ 2005-08-30 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans, rattan

Rattan wrote:

System is Sparc Solaris-5.10

I was able to compile the drawterm for 8-bit screen depth.

An invocation results in (for $ drawterm -a <suthsvr> -c <cpusvr>):

not at local console; won't ask for password

What could cause it?

============================

Running drawterm on a server, viewing on a terminal?

I got the same:

http://lists.cse.psu.edu/archives/9fans/2005-August/042401.html

http://lists.cse.psu.edu/archives/9fans/2005-August/042415.html (the answer)

and the only way to fix that was to disable the check of the display IP address.

This raised some objections on the list though.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web

* Re: [9fans] drawterm-soalris-sparc
@ 2005-08-30 17:38 ` Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2005-08-30 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Rattan wrote:
>
> > An invocation results in (for $ drawterm -a <suthsvr> -c <cpusvr>):
> >
> > not at local console; won't ask for password
> >
> > What could cause it?
>
> ============================
>
> Running drawterm on a server, viewing on a terminal?

If you connect from the terminal to the server via ssh,
and use the X11 forwarding of ssh, it does work, in my experience.

the thing is that DISPLAY should either not contain a name part
(so be just :0 or so), or if it contains a hostname or fully
qualified domain name (foo:1, foo.some.dom:1), the name should
be the hostname or the host.domain name of the machine on which
you start drawterm, as reported by gethostname (foo.some.dom).
see /sys/src/cmd/unix/drawterm/screen-x11.c:/^atlocalconsole

Axel.

* [9fans] drawterm-soalris-sparc
@ 2005-08-30 13:38 rattan