* [9fans] wavelan on toshiba tecra a1
@ 2006-01-07 23:59 Pouya D. Tafti
From: Pouya D. Tafti @ 2006-01-07 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Good evening,

Sorry if this is a newbie question.

I installed Plan 9 on my Toshiba Tecra A1 laptop from the
Jan. 4th snapshot.  However I have run into trouble trying
to set up the wireless ethernet interface.  My machine
apparently uses a mini-PCMCIA (?) card which is detected as
a `Lucent/Agere firmware version 8.10' by the `orinoco_cs'
driver under Linux, and has a MAC address of the form
00:02:2D:*:*:*.

Here are the relevant lines from `lsdev' and `dmesg':

[from lsdev]
  Device            DMA   IRQ  I/O Ports
  orinoco_cs               11  0100-013f

[from dmesg]
  eth1: Looks like a Lucent/Agere firmware version 8.10

I have included the following line in my plan9.ini:

[from plan9.ini]
  ether0=type=wavelan port=0x100 irq=11 essid=someid key1=somekey

But `ls /net' shows nothing like `ether0' as discussed in
ether(3).  I also tried to manually bind #l on /net by
issuing

    bind -a '#l' /net

but was not successful.  Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Pouya

--
Pouya D. Tafti
http://grads.ece.mcmaster.ca/~pouya/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-01-07 23:59 UTC | newest]